Monday, July 27, 2009


Last night I stayed up past midnight to load a report onto the share drive at work with the use of a security token of key fob. Two things about this tasks required technological advances that were not accessible to the general public a few short years ago. First my report uses realtime Honeywell historian that collects data on various performance indicators that I monitor as part of my job. The range of data that is needed for my report is midnight to midnight, so I could only populate the field after midnight. The second technology conduit that I used was a security token. The sucurity token allows me to log into a secured network (work) from an unsecured network (home). While the technology is not new the benefits are immerasurable, I am able to watch what happens at work realtime and get a visual perspective of the operating conditions at work at any point in time.
Anyone with a security token can access their files and corporate network at anytime. This results in better decisions being made and reduce the risk of mistakes. It is a valid and useful telecommuter tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment